Two decades of experience driving award-winning content for industry-leading brands in entertainment, lifestyle, wellness and technology. Expertise in content strategy, creative direction, brand storytelling, and digital and print publications that forge authentic relationships with international audiences. Hands on experience in copywriting, journalism, editing, video, and podcasting.
Creative Direction, Creative Strategy, Content Development, Content Partnerships, Copywriting, Documentary, Editorial, Experiential, Journalism, Packaging, Podcasting, PR, Product Marketing, Project Management, Publishing, SEO, Social Media, Talent Wrangling, Team Leadership, Video
Adobe CS, Adobe Premier, Analytics, Asana, CMS, Google Docs, HTML, MS Office Suite, Squarespace, Wordpress
Head of Content & Creative Director @ Content Curious
Santa Monica, CA | 2015 - Present
• Provide content strategy and editorial services for premium music and lifestyle clients, including Coachella, Vice, Desert Trip, MasterClass, Creating Equilibrium, Vans, Native Instruments, Beatport, Electronic Music Awards, FYF, Los Angeles County, Acne Productions, and Detour.
• Create multimedia editorial and marketing content for brands and media outlets, including Red Bull Music Academy, LA Weekly, Los Angeles Times, Mixmag, Insomniac, Autodesk, Laubwerk, Nylon and Thrillist.
• Collaborate with product teams on UX and CMS design for web and mobile channels.
• Mentor teams of creatives to speak authentically to diverse audiences with distinct brand voices.
• Maintain overlapping editorial and production calendars with shifting deliverables on complex projects.
• Spearhead business development and account management efforts.
• Run digital, print and mobile editorial and marketing content projects for Goldenvoice events (Coachella, Desert Trip, FYF, Arroyo Seco, Panorama) with 50M impressions and over a million tickets sold.
• Create and produce 40+ episodes of the Rave Curious Podcast for Vice Media, with 3M downloads.
• Act as Editor-In-Chief of CAMP, the official publication of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, with a physical readership of 120K per edition.
• Produce animated shorts for the inaugural Electronic Music Awards with a worldwide audience of 4M.
• Generate over $20M in capital investment and revenue via sales documents, RFP responses and proposals.
• Wrote top traffic driving articles for major media platforms, earning over 1M pageviews.
Digital Marketing Manager @ Fame House
Berlin, DE | 2014 - 2015
• Planned and executed digital marketing campaigns for multi-city live music event series and international recording artists.
• Lead product teams to develop artist and event digital channels.
• Collaborated with design team to articulate the brand vision for live music events in Europe, North and South America.
• Contracted creative vendors to fulfill video and photography needs for live events.
• Conducted client training on best practices for connecting with fans on social media.
• Generated monthly reports on online engagement and analytics for clients.
• Research best digital practices.
• Directed social media advertising campaigns to increase engagement, fan acquisition, and sales KPIs, including 100,000 tickets sold and a 12x increase in social followers in under six months.
• Negotiated deals with online media and ticketing vendors to maximize advertising placement and per ticket revenue.
• Lead onsite content capture and distribution teams at live music events in Amsterdam, Berlin and New York.
• Generated over 500,000 social media engagements in under six months.
Editor-In-Chief @ Advanced Nutrients
Berlin, DE | 2011 – 2013
• Helmed bi-monthly content marketing publication and website, Rosebud Magazine, with an editorial focus on hydroponic growing, outdoor lifestyle, food safety, and environmental sustainability.
• Created content workflows and editing protocols to maximize productivity with an international team working in multiple time zones, from California to Berlin to India.
• Collaborated with CMO to articulate marketing message and maintain consistency across multiple platforms.
• Developed and maintained daily online and monthly editorial calendars for respective digital and print platforms.
• Engaged with scientific experts to convey accurate technical information.
• Represented the publication and parent company at industry events in Amsterdam, Barcelona and Prague.
• Lead the creation of 14 bi-monthly issues of print magazine, with 60K distribution.
• Secured interviews with celebrity subject, including David Koechner (Anchorman), Rockmond Dunbar (Sons of Anarchy) and Dylan Ratigan (CNBC).
• Increased global market share for primary sponsor, Advanced Nutrients, by 10%.
• Reduced editorial costs by 50% while maintaining equivalent levels of content output.
• Launched digital publication that achieved 500K pageview per month in the first six months.
• Nominated for Western Publishing Association “Maggie” Awards (2013).
Editor-In-Chief @ URB Magazine
Los Angeles, CA | 2003 - 2011
• Helmed the editorial vision of industry-pioneering media brand committed to emerging music and culture.
• Lead a global team of creative contributors, including writers, photographers, illustrators and designers.
• Collaborated with artist management and PR teams to facilitate interviews and photoshoots.
• Collaborate with in-house marketing agency The Rebel Organization to provide content and experiential marketing services to clients, including Apple, Toyota, Sauza, Microsoft and Asics.
• Oversaw print and digital content budgets.
• Research distribution and revenue opportunities on emerging digital media platforms.
• Directed editorial strategy for over 40 monthly issues of print magazine.
• Published the first national magazine covers of iconic artists Kanye West, Diplo, Janelle Monae and M.I.A.
• Launched the first content portal iteration of URB.com in 2006, earning over 300K in organic monthly traffic.
• Collaborated on RFP proposals resulting in $2M in sponsorship revenue.
• Earned awards in excellence and inclusivity, including Folio “Ozzie” Award (2006), Western Publishing Association “Maggie” Awards (2005-2008), GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) Award (2007) and DeCapo Best Music Writing (2007/2008).
Staff Writer @ Real Detroit Weekly
Detroit, MI | 1999 - 2003
• Wrote articles about local music and culture for new Detroit-area alt-weekly.
• Authored two weekly columns on electronic music and local bar & restaurants.
• Acted as Editor-In-Chief of special section for inaugural Detroit Electronic Music Festival (now Movement).
• Built global network of music industry PR contacts for brand new publication.
Promotions Director @ Motor Detroit
Detroit, MI | 1999 - 2003
• Oversaw all promotions and marketing activity for Detroit nightlife venue.
• Designed monthly flyers and weekly magazine advertisements.
• Art Director for experiential events, including club nights, concerts and fashion shows.
• Assisted in bookings and hospitality for international guest performers.
• Awarded “America’s Best Club” by URB Magazine (2000).
• Launched the inaugural Detroit Electronic Music Festival, with an official attendance of over 1M.
B.A. Telecommunication @ Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI | 1993 - 1997
• Film Studies Cognate